Dragon boating in Kamlooops was established in 1994. The club started out with 20 members who paddled in 10-man voyageur canoes on the South Thompson River. The club now has 100+ members and 4 full size dragonboats in the fleet.
Kamloops Dragon Boat Club (KDBC) is special. We are a group of individuals who train hard and have a lot of fun doing it. While other communities have “teams”, we have a “club”. This offers a lot more to those who join KDBC:
- We have the comradery from a large member base who paddle together regularily.
- We have 2-3 boats on the water each night which adds a bit of friendly competition to the practices.
- We have a super coaching staff who will help you become the best paddler you want to be.
- We offer the opportunity to attend festivals to anyone who joins the club.
- We have mixed and women’s teams that attend festivals in competitive and recreational divisions.
- We have excellent socials, fun races and get-togethers throughout the year.
We are always looking to introduce others to the great sport of dragon boating. If you are a fit, active individual who is looking for a new sport to put your efforts into or to cross-train: Check out the Regular Program. Or, if you are looking for a more casual approach and think paddling in a dragon boat on the beautiful Thompson Rivers would be a great experience: Check out our Recreational Program. We have a place for you!